Love is one of the most wonderful feelings that we can experience. But until now some of us are afraid of really being in love. This is not just a problem, this is actually a phobia.
Philophobia is a state when a person is afraid of love or becoming connected with another person even on an emotional level. The main reasons for this phobia that can significantly impact your life are your fears. Here are 5 most common fears that can make you renounce on love and ruin your new relationship.
Fear of getting hurt
You realize that love is beautiful and charming, but at the same time, you are still sure that love hurts. This often happens because of the negative memories from your previous relationships. So, when you meet the person you are supposed to be with, it might trigger some painful memories from your past experiences and remind you all the pain that filled your heart when the previous relationships ended. Once you have such a traumatic experience, you may decide not to allow a hurtful partner back into your life.
Fear of going crazy in love
Love is so uncontrolled feeling that sometimes you can lose your head when you are in love. If you are a person who’s used to control everything in your life, it can be difficult for you to realize that you are capable of doing crazy things in the name of love. And you might think that it would be better not to start a new relationship in order to avoid of acting crazy.
Fear of breaking plans
Love comes suddenly and unexpectedly. A lot of people start to panic if they realize that they can fall in love and suspect that this time is not convenient for this feeling. In most cases, people renounce on love because it may interfere with their plans or cancel them.
Fear of not being loved
You know that in a relationship two people love each other differently. One person could be more in love and another one could be less. For that reason, often, there is a strong feeling that you are not being loved and you may worry that if you get involved with someone you love, you are going to be disappointed because you are not being loved.
Fear of losing a new partner
Based on the bitter relationships of the past, the fear of being abandoned is a deep-seated idea amongst most people. You feel good when you are not afraid of losing someone and it is natural that you may not want to get involved with someone (even if you have feelings for this someone). So, the fear of losing a new partner can be so great that you would rather not love at all.
Best scared of love quotes
It is difficult to deal with your own fears. Here is a collection of the best scared of love quotes that can inspire you and lift your mood. Check them out and start combating your fears.
- “I’m so afraid of losing something I love, that I refuse to love anything.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
- “Don’t let toxic people infect you with the fear of giving and receiving one of the most powerful forces in this world… LOVE!” – Yvonne Pierre
- “To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.” – Bertrand Russell
- “Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life.” – Merle Shain
- “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “When we put our running shoes on and fight tooth and nail to hide from someone, it’s because that’s the person who really matters. That’s the one person you fear will see what’s inside you and cringe. You’d rather live with the not-knowing than to give it a chance.” – Rebel Farris
- “I’ve never fallen in love right off the bat. I get scared to say I love you too soon because it means so much. It means you’re not seeing an end to things.” – Leighton Meester
- “All the things that people do in order to show that they don’t need anybody… meanwhile, all they really want to do is say, “Please keep me.” We all want to be kept. The problem is we are too afraid to let anyone know about it. What are these fragile things in our hearts that have so much fear of being broken?” – C. JoyBell C.
- “You should have a fear of some things. That doesn’t mean it incapacitates you from your ability to figure out a way to deal with it.” – Chris Hadfield
- “All healing is essentially a release from fear.” – A Course in Miracles
Andrew Guerra is an editor of http://sweetytextmessages.com/ He likes to share his thoughts with the people around. His writing on motivation, love has appeared to make our life better. Andrew believes in fairness and human wisdom.