We’ve all had mayonnaise before. Whether it’s on slathered on your favorite sandwich, mixed in with your tuna salad for lunch or for dipping your fries in. It’s a classic, must have condiment. Which is why we’ve come up with this list of the best mayonnaise recipes that will become instant
1) Classic Mayonnaise
We must start out with the classics of mayonnaise recipes. Which, of course, is a simple, original mayonnaise. This is perfect for your next picnic or lunch break! Be sure to try this one before you reach for the jar next time!
You probably have most of these ingredients around your house:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
There is no cooking necessary when it comes to making classic mayo. As a result, there are only 3 steps:
- In a heavy medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the salt and dry mustard until smooth. Slowly whisk in the lemon juice and vinegar until a thick paste forms.
- Slowly stream in the oil while whisking constantly until a thick mayonnaise forms. Season with the sugar.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
2) Vegan Mayo
Although most mayonnaise recipes contain some form of this dairy, this next recipe is for you vegans or non-dairy eaters out there! Taking only 5 minutes to make and using only 6 ingredients, consider trying this next time you go into the fridge!
The dairy-free ingredients are:
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Unlike the classic mayo recipe, there is only one step for this one:
- All all the ingredients to a bowl or measuring jug. Use an immersion (handheld) blender to blend it into mayonnaise.
3) Chipotle Mayonnaise
This particular one of the mayonnaise recipes is one of my personal favorites. Whether you’re dipping your french fries in it or putting it on your burger, chipotle mayonnaise is sure to add the perfect kick to your next meal! This recipe only takes 10 minutes to make so you have no excuse to not try it out!
The ingredients are simple. You will need:
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 chipotle chiles from 1 can of chipotles in adobo
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
As if it couldn’t sound better, there is only one step!
- Place mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and chipotles in the jar of a blender. Puree until smooth and chipotles are completely chopped. Pour into an airtight container, cover, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
4) Garlic Mayonnaise Aioli
This next one adds a kick compared to most mayonnaise recipes. It’s the perfect dipping sauce for appetizers or main dish elements! Just make sure you keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve.
You will need:
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or more to taste
- 1 dash salt
As with the previous recipes, there is only one step!
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and salt together in a bowl. Stir in lemon juice and garlic.
It’s that simple!
5) Spicy Mayo
This next recipe is sure to be a new favorite in your house! It’s sure to take your dishes and make you think twice next time you go to use classic mayo in your dish!
To create this yummy dipping sauce, you will need:
- A cup of mayonnaise
- A tablespoon of hot sauce or sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (can replace with lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
And the steps: simple!
- Whisk all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
6) Lemon Dill Aioli
This next one on this list of mayonnaise recipes is perfect for any dish, however, we recommend pairing with with salmon! This recipe adds twists like lemon zest to your traditional mayonnaise recipe.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dry white
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Again, there’s only one step:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Place covered in refrigerator for up to a week.
7) Cilantro Lime Mayo
This next recipe is super delicious. It will take any dish to the next level! Most mayonnaise recipes tend to use classic mayo as the base, however, this one adds a twist by using dijon mustard instead! Enjoy!
To make, you will need:
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Surprise, surpise – this step is only one step as well!
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor except mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Process until cilantro is fine. Add mayonnaise and process just until blended. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8) Sesame Ginger Mayo
This next one combines sweet elements to this classic condiment. It combines elements such as honey and sesame seeds to give a flavorful texture!
There are only 4 ingredients when it comes to this recipe:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (toasted)
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger root (grated)
- *You can use powdered ginger if you do not have fresh ginger root
We’re keeping the pattern going. That’s right – there’s only one step!
- Mix all ingredients together well and refrigerate.
How easy is that? It’s a win-win!
9) Jalapeno Mayonnaise
We’re ending our list on a good one! This next recipe on our list of mayonnaise recipes is one you’re going to want to add to your book! It adds spice to the condiment with elements like jalapeno and lime juice!
The ingredients you will need are:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers, stems removed (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried crushed oregano
And it wouldn’t be right if we ended the list on a recipe that takes more than one step!
- Place all of the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Transfer to a clean container and refrigerate until ready to use or serve.