It’s true that these vegetable soup recipes are not the magic weight loss secrets but if you want to cut calories than these are perfect recipes to have in your refrigerator to eat when you need a quick meal or a snack.
Vegetable soup is actually loaded with flavor, fills your belly and low in calories and fat naturally.
5 Vegetable Soup Recipe for Weight Loss
There are so many tactics for weight loss but eating vegetable soups for your weight loss journey is a wonderful thing. These vegetable soup recipes will be made quickly and easily and the best part is, you will enjoy your weight loss journey.
1. Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
1 diced onion
½ tsp dried thyme
½ cup heavy of cream
½ frozen peas
2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
8 ounces medium egg noodles
2 bay leaves
½ tsp dried rosemary
3 stalks diced celery
3 diced peeled and carrots
4 cloves minced garlic
1 ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
8 cups of chicken stock
Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt
- To taste your chicken, add salt and pepper to it. Place the chicken into a slow cooker and stir in chicken stock, onion, garlic, carrots, thyme, celery, bay leaves and rosemary; season with pepper and salt. Cover it and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. Reserve 1 cup and set aside.
- Shred the chicken using two forks after removing from the slow cooker.
- Whisk flour, heavy cream together in a large bowl and reserve one cup of the chicken stock mixture.
- Stir egg noodles, heavy cream mixture, and heavy cream mixture into the slow cooker. Cook for additional 30-60 minutes on low heat.
- Now it is ready for serving and garnish with parsley if you want. You may have it with bread in your breakfast.
2. Spinach Egg Drop Soup
3 tbsp green onion (chopped)
1 clove pressed garlic
2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 carrot cut into small pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
5 cups of water
2 cups baby spinach
½ tbsp black pepper
1 cube chicken bullion
2 eggs beaten
Salt to taste
2 tbsp lemon juice
- In a large pot, cook spinach on over medium heat in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Cook for 3 minutes more after adding carrot and garlic in it.
- Add chicken Bullion, tomato sauce, black pepper and stir constantly on over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Until the eggs are completely cooked, slowly stir in egg and water mixture.
- Add salt, lemon juice and garnish with chopped green onion.
3. Smoky Acorn Squash and Lentil Bisque
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp kosher salt
1 large yellow diced onion
1 tsp dried thyme
1 medium acorn squash, cubed, seeded and peeled
1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves minced garlic
4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- In a 4-quart soup pot, heat the olive oil on over medium heat. After that add diced onions and sauté until translucent or for 3 to 5 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Before you add garlic and mix in thyme and paprika, cook it for 30 seconds.
- After that add broth, squash followed by tomatoes, salt, pepper, and lentils. Stir occasionally and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium once boiling, cover and allow to simmer until squash and lentils are softer. This will take about 25 minutes.
- After turning off the heat, blend until smooth and wait for 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop. Before garnish with freshly grated nutmeg, ladle into serving bowls.
4. Black Bean Soup
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 chopped onion
1 tsp garlic minced
1 cored and chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped green chilies
1 chopped fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
4 cup fat-free low sodium vegetable broth
4 black beans rinsed and drained
Salt and pepper
- Add green pepper, sauté onion, garlic and nonstick cooking spray in a large pot and cook for 6-8 minutes until tender.
- After that add cumin, green chilies, tomatoes with juice and chili powder. Add broth and black beans gradually.
- To make blender or puree in the processor, remove 2 cups of a mixture of black bean.
- To bring to the boil, return pureed mixture to the pot and lower the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Now it is ready to taste.
5. Tomato Soup – Healthy and Delicious
1 small cored green pepper
½ small peeled red onion
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp cumin powder
1 peeled and seeded English cucumber
1 tsp vinegar
4 large seeded ripe tomatoes.
4-6 cups of water based on the size of the tomatoes
- Heat the oil on medium heat and add tomato, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, and cucumber.
- On over medium flame, toss and cook for 2 minutes
- Place the ingredients to a blender. Mix some water and blend it until smooth.
- Place the blended vegetables to the pan. Add black pepper, cumin powder, and salt and wait for the boil.
- Lastly, before serving, remove from the flame and garnish with fresh basil.
Before each meal, you can have a small bowl of this vegetable soup when you want to cut back generally, in January after the holidays. Or, if you follow the weight watchers than this is a 0-point soup and one can use it as a snack to tide him over until dinner.
However, there are so many vegetable soup recipes for weight loss but these are the most delicious and yummy recipes that will help you in your weight journey and you will also enjoy your meal by the way.