Love is undeniably one of the best feelings in the world; when you fall in love with someone and feel loved in return, that lucky person seems to become your everything.
Often times, you catch yourself smiling at odd moments or your stomach does a somersault whenever they cross your mind (which, we can all admit, occurs increasingly often). All of a sudden, you come to the realization that you want to keep him or her by your side forever.
It doesn’t take long before you begin to think up ways to keep the relationship fresh and fun (let’s face it, monotony does tend to poke its head into relationships after a while). Among the countless options at your disposal is ‘’Romantic Camping’’: a quite traditional leisure activity that affords you and your partner an escape from your norm.
Many couples go on picnics or adventures together and sometimes, they make camp overnight to enjoy themselves further. In this article, we’ll be discussing a few tips on how to have a fun-filled, successful romantic camping trip with your lover.
CHOOSE A SUITABLE LOCATION
This is probably the most important decision in your planning phase. Wherever you choose to camp with your partner will go a long way in determining if you’ll be creating happy, life-long memories or if you’ll end up regretting ever going on that trip.
You may wonder why it’s so vital to choose a
It wouldn’t do to have the mom-next-door scream her head off at her kids for playing on the lawn while you’re trying to get a passionate kiss out of your
- In choosing a location, you should strive for as much privacy as possible. A quiet, beautiful place with great scenery is sure to create memories that bring a smile back to your face, as opposed to the scowl left by your noisy front yard filled with playing kids and rushing cars.
- Know yourself and your partner; get a place that satisfies your wanderlust.
- Don’t be lazy! Do your research and visit different camping websites. You may be tempted to pick a popular campsite, but remember that the word popular minimizes the chance that it’s secluded. If it’s the first option offered, rest assured you and your partner wouldn’t be the first or only couple to camp there.
MAKE AN INVENTORY
Camping, especially for romantic reasons, is one activity that requires a lot of preparation – you want to get everything right. Depending on the kind of setting you like, items or equipment you’ll need may differ. For instance, if you decide to spend the night out at a camp, you’ll be needing much more than just a plush mat and some soda.
A lot of things will be required, and you don’t want to end up without a vital piece of equipment. Making a list of everything you’ll need will help you avoid forgetting important stuff. Below is a list of some of the most essential equipment for camping:
- First on the list is consumables; the importance of packing enough food and water cannot be over-emphasized. It doesn’t matter how much fun you’re both having, once you run out of sustenance you’ll have no choice other than to pack things up and go back home, or at least take a break from the fun you’re having to scavenge for food (or eateries, if there are some nearby).
- Tents/sleeping bags/camping blankets; for many people, a tent is most preferable- Learn more. This is mainly because it affords them more protection from the elements and of course more privacy (it’s cozier having ‘’that which must not be named’’ activities in your tent than out in the open where the sun is watching).
- The third item on the list is a flashlight; it’s great fun spending the night outdoors with your partner (you get to stargaze and do all those mushy things that you’ve always fantasized about) so you may need light even brighter than your all-so-lovely stars and moon can provide.
- A First-Aid kit; the world is an unpredictable place. You never know what might happen so it’s best to always be prepared. A well-stocked first aid kit could be a real life-saver. Don’t forget it.
This may seem an odd inclusion on the list of tips but if you really think about it, you realize how important entertainment is for your trip. You might say “my partner and I have each other – what other entertainment could we need?”, but the point of going on a camping trip with your partner is to have even more fun than you usually have at home.
When you are out in the wilderness with no distractions, hours of just talking will get boring, fast. It’s wonderful that you two have fun on your own, but it can never hurt to try out different entertainment methods. Nothing is wrong with soft music playing in the background while both of you are cuddled up, staring at the stars.
Bringing a board game like Monopoly and having a go isn’t such a bad idea either. Fine! You’re so crazy in love you don’t want to take your eyes off of your partner or stop talking with them even for a minute? Why not play a game of Truth or Dare; you don’t only get to have fun daring them, you can also build intimacy by asking questions to get to know them on a deeper level.
Making a fire and dancing around it sounds like fun too. The point is, you will enjoy the trip even more if you have different modes of entertainment. Take the time to plan according to your partner; reflect on what they enjoy doing and tailor your activities toward that.
In conclusion, it’s important to do some preparation before taking off on a romantic camping getaway. However, no matter how much you plan and scheme for your romantic outing with your partner, some things may not turn out as expected.
Be patient and take things slowly; the goal is to have the best time you can with your partner. Savor every moment and always keep a positive attitude, and the memories you create will be sure to keep you smiling long after the camping trip is over.